tiistai 2. marraskuuta 2010

Let's cook!

Today I turned into a low-carb chef and I am really happy with the results! So what did I do that completely stole my heart? Hamburger with beet meat stake and some guacamole.. yam-mee.

First I made the "bread". Which is a low carb version of a bread (haha there is a wheat flour package behind, don't be fooled! :D). I put all the food directions for you separately, since you don't have to use these together all the time!

So what you need for the bread is:
(you get four buns out of this)

2 eggs
2 table spoons of quark or thick yooghurt (for example greek yoghurt)
2 tea spoons of baking powder
1.5 dl of almond powder
(2 table spoons of wheat brans, I didn't put any)
150 g of grated cheese

Whisk the eggs and add the grated cheese. Mix the "dry" ingredients in a separate bowl and then mix it with the curd egg -mixture. Now put the oven on for 225 celcius (437 fahrenheit). Make four round thingies on the baking tray and when the oven is ready, put them in. There is no actual timing that how long they should be in the oven, but you'll see when they get a lovely brown colour.



I know.. eww says the bread! But it's delicious believe me!

Beet meat steaks:

You need 400g of ground meat
2 small beets ( you can choose fresh ones or ones that are in vinegar,
I was lazy and went with the vinegar thingies)
1 egg
2 table spoons of wheat flour / breadcrumb
salt
black pepper
white pepper
thyme

Slice the beets (if you bought fresh ones, boil them first well but so that they are still just a little bit firm), put the beets and meat together in a bowl, add all the other ingredients and start mixing it up! I used a wooden splint, since I didn't want my hands to be all red from the beets.

Make smallish steaks out of the meat mixture with your hands and fry them on a frying pan with some butter (or oil if you insist..) for about 5 minutes on both sides.



Ewww part 2.

Guacamole:
It was my first time making guacamole so I won't share it with you. I'm hoping to get brilliant in it and then I can share it with you. Ha! (It was good though..)



Loooove the colours!

And here is the ready made "hamburger". Delicioso!



Oh and if anyone is interested on how my low carb life is going? I've lost a few kilos and I haven't stressed about this whole eating thing that much. And I haven't been to the scale in more than a week so don't know if something has happened!

4 kommenttia:

  1. i need to try this low carb hamburger.... Thanks for this good idea !

    VastaaPoista
  2. mmmm that looks sooo delicious (the end result, that is ;).. i think i have to try it, too. thanks for the recipes!

    VastaaPoista
  3. Tätä täytyy kyl kokeilla joku kerta! Näyttää meinaan tosi hyvältä :) Harmi vaan et tuohon leipään tulee mantelijauhoa jolle mun mies on allerginen, joten mun täytyy koittaa tätä joku sellanen kerta kun mun mies on esim poikien kans ulkona :D

    VastaaPoista
  4. Marie & alinore: I highly recommend for you to try! Let me know how it turned out :)

    Beata: Joo toi manteliallergisuus onki sit aika nihkee juttu jos haluaisi syödä tämmöstä karppausruokaa.. mut ehkä joku päivä voit itelles tehdä tosiaan :)

    VastaaPoista